Wednesday, June 13, 2018

LIFE IS GOOD! and HOME

If I change my thinking, I will change my feelings.
If I change my feelings, I will change my actions.
If I change my actions, I will change my life.

Sandra Felton, THE ORGANIZER LADY®
----------------------------------------

Contents of New Ideas for Today
1. Message of the Day - LIFE IS GOOD!
2. More Help Here!
3. Habit of the Day
4. Family Reminder of the Day
5. Quote of the Day
6. Question of the Day
7. From the Trenches - HOME
8. More Info
--------------------------------------
**The Messies Anonymous website, www.messies.com, is back up!  Thank you for your patience.**

1. Message of the Day - LIFE IS GOOD!

Life is good, too good to be spending it grappling with junk (oh, I mean valuable items of memories and
potential treasures that other people may think are junk). Whether we call these items junk or not, they
are junking up our lives. That is the important thing we need to consider.

Life is good. Our focus should be on enjoying our family and friends, on doing what makes us happy and
helps others, on living a satisfying life full of grace and beauty, and of developing our spiritual lives.

Slow down a little. Breathe deeply. Think of what is really important to you. Dejunk your desires to keep
too much. Loosen your grip on those ideas and feelings that keep you in the messy zone. Leaving petty interests behind, seek higher dreams until you find yourself saying, "Yes, my life really is good. It's really good!"
--------------------------------------

2. Did You Know?

The NEW and IMPROVED K.I.S.S. Flipper
 Have you ordered yours?

The  K.I.S.S.(Keep It Super Simple) Flipper has fresh ideas on how to move through your home, day by day, room by room, with simple choices for maintenance and organizing. It will gently guide you through the process of creating clear and shining surfaces throughout out your home!

With the NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper all you have to do to is FLIP through the spiral-bound,  sequentially  numbered, full-color job idea cards.  No more sliding cards into sleeves; the NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper is ready to use out of the package.  When you are ready to begin, make a few simple choices each day from one card and you will be on your way to a clutter-free and well maintained home.

Free BONUS:  Once you order, you will also receive the "K.I.S.S. eBooklet" via email to learn the "Hows and Whys" of the system while you wait for your K.I.S.S. Flipper, so you will be ready to start the day your K.I.S.S. Flipper arrives.

Introductory price $26.00 US postage included

Go to the link below to order you NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper today.


image

One of a kind design for home maintenance, The Super Flipper by Sand...

Preview by Yahoo

---------------------------------------------------

3. Habit of the Day - MAINTAIN AS YOU GO

Keep short accounts on putting things up as you work. As you cook, wash and dry your pots, pans, etc. or put them in the dishwasher as you go.

As you do a project, keep your tools and pieces corralled and put them away immediately.

When you clean, return cleaning products and tools immediately. Otherwise you will leave more mess behind than you clean up.
--------------------------------------

4. Family Reminder of the Day

In our family, we think ahead to solve problems before they happen.

In our family, we pay attention to maintaining beauty.
--------------------------------------

5. Quote of the Day

"When I face the desolate impossibility of writing five hundred pages a sick sense of failure falls on
me and I know I can never do it. This happens every time. Then gradually I write one page and then another. One day's work is all I can permit myself to contemplate and I eliminate the possibility of never finishing."

John Steinbeck, Travels with Charlie.

Don't look at the whole big job.
Just concentrate on one day at a time.
--------------------------------------

6. Question of the Day

If your house were perfectly organized and lovely, what important thing would you do that
you are not doing at this time? Is that goal worth working hard for?

Tell us by posting on Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
--------------------------------------

7. From the Trenches

"HOME"

I used to think of where I live as my "house". I found that when I started thinking of it as
my "home" my motivation went up. I got more done. I actually found myself "wanting" to clean. I
also find that I am prouder of my accomplishments in the decluttering process. Now, I still often fall
into the "house" terminology. Habit, familiarity of feeling, etc causing that. So I try to keep reminding
myself, this is my "home". When I scan the cleaned areas I think "home". Like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. "There's no place like *home*" I think that the term "house" is like "apartment". It implies a sense of
impermanence and ownership without pride. Sort of like "my pencil" "my shoes" etc. So maybe if we all
start thinking of our residence as a "home" rather than a "house" or "apartment" or "condo" or "trailer"
the decluttering process might become easier.

Thanks to Aleen
-------------------------------------

8. More Info

Be sure you have read the information at How to Begin, http://www.messies.com

This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important.
Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites.
Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today, then delete it.

Don't forget the daily reminders!!!
The daily Reminders and How-To's are found on our website at
"How to Begin" http://www.messies.com
------------------------------------------
9. Extra Help

Are you tired of the never-ending clutter?
The Organizing Mastery program has helped many people get rid of clutter for good.
It is done through a weekly virtual program that’s hands-on and gets results.

*********************************************************************************************

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN

Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

74 © Sandra Felton 2010

The Organizer Lady® is a trademark of Sandra Felton,
founder of Messies Anonymous.


No comments: