Sunday, May 13, 2018

SHINING SURFACES and BILL PAYING PLAN

A goal is a dream with a deadline. 

Dare to dream about those shining surfaces, then set a goal for just one surface!

Sandra Felton, THE ORGANIZER LADY®
--------------------------------

Contents of New Ideas for Today
1. Message of the Day - SHINING SURFACES
2. Habit of the Day
3. Family Reminder of the Day
4. Quote of the Day
5. Did You Know?
6. Question of the Day
7. From the Trenches - BILL PAYING PLAN
8. More Info
----------------------------

1. Message of the Day

Looking for Shining Surfaces

At first we just want to get the floor clear and be able to eat on the dining room table, maybe even to sleep in the bed. We just want to get rid of the clutter. But somewhere down the line, as we improve, we begin to yearn for shining surfaces. When we begin
to see the floor, the top of the table, and anything else that will take a shine, we begin to dream of gleaming surfaces.

Shining table tops, floors, counters, even sinks act as inspiration for our souls. From those shining spots we draw strength to keep going till we have more and more of those shining surfaces in our homes. Maybe, after a while, the whole house will take on a glow.
-----------------------------

2. Habit of the Day

Observe the Five Foot Magnetism Phenomena. When an object comes within five feet of where it belongs, it feels an irresistible magnetic pull to that spot. Example: Towel to towel rack, dirty clothes to dirty clothes hamper, clothes to hanger in closet, pen to
drawer. To fail allow them to follow that magnetic pull sets up an invisible tension in the home which can be felt in some undefinable way among the inhabitants. Look around. In your house there are probably many things that have been put NEAR but not AT where it belongs. Set up a new habit. Live in harmony with the Five Foot Magnetism Phenomena. It's quirky I know. But just think about it.
-------------------------------

3. Family Reminder of the Day

In our family, we don't create work for others or leave messes for others to clean up.

In our family, we don't boss others. We focus on our own responsibilities.
-------------------------------

4. Quote of the Day

When you choose the behavior, your chose the consequences.

The key to finding the kind of life you seek is your behavior. Behave your way to success. Choose to begin certain habits consistently whether you feel like it or not. Fake it till you make it. Your house doesn't care whether your heart is in it or you are just going through the motions. Order will be the result.
-----------------------------

5. Did You Know?

If “I want to get rid of it but I just can’t” sounds like you and if you are ready to change, this e-booklet is for you.


This is a self-help program designed to make a significant difference in three weeks’ time.

Click here to go to our webpage where you can purchase for $5.00. The e-booklet will be sent to you via email.

---------------------------------------------------

6. Question of the Day

Previously we asked whether you had any projects that needed to be started in order to
solve problems that have held on too long. But today the question is whether you can name just one boring, half-finished project that needs to be completed. Look around
and spy just one thing. Tell us what you see and will start to tackle.

Tell us by posting on Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
-----------------------------

7. From the Trenches

Bill Paying Plan by Paula

I have been very encouraged by other people's personal stories, so I thought I would share something that has worked well for me. 

I would like to share how the way I changed my bill paying has help me relieve a lot of bill-related paper clutter: 

I took the time to set up bill pay online, which is different from automatic electronic payments that come out at the  same time each month. 

Now, when I get a bill in the mail: 

I open it and throw away the envelope and any flyers that are included with it. Then I go to my online banking and set up the bill to be paid. I enter the amount of the payment 
and the date I want the bank to process the payment. 

Then, on the invoice and in my checkbook register, I note the date of the payment. I put the invoice in a drawer next to a large (5 1/2 by 9 inch) index card file box. 

After the bill has cleared the bank, I put a check mark on the invoice and in my check register and then file it in the box in its category (garbage, electric, credit card, etc.). 

Since I do not check my online bank account daily, sometimes I wait until there are a few invoices to check off before filing them.

I can often enter two or three payments at a time, because the bills seem to come in waves. 

Paying bills this way has kept the paper clutter down and relieved anxiety over lost bills and the need to constantly recall when a particular bill is due. I can relax, knowing the 
bills are already on the "runway" waiting for "take off" at the proper time. :) 

I hope this will be a help to someone out there who is frustrated with bill paying and the clutter that goes with it! 

Thank you for letting me share! Paula 
------------------------------

8. More Info

Reminder: You can edit your membership at Yahoo Groups home page 
or to unsubscribe, click on the word "unsubscribe" at the very bottom of this post if it arrived in your email inbox
----------------------------------------

This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important.
Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites.
Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today, then delete it.

Don't forget the daily reminders!!!
The daily Reminders and How-To's are found on our website at "How to Begin" http://www.messies.com
------------------------------------------
9. Extra Help

Does your clutter secret keep you isolated?
Mary said, “I was so cluttered before I took this class and I can’t believe the progress I am making!  My clutter is almost gone!
-------------------------------------------

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN

Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

42 © Sandra Felton 2010

THE ORGANIZER LADY® is a registered trademark of
Sandra Felton, founder of Messies Anonymous.

No comments: