Friday, September 2, 2016

WHATEVER! NOT! and DREAMS


Read a little or a lot every day. 
Then do something different. 
Inch by inch. . . it's a cinch.
Need help to know where to start? 


How to Begin, First Steps for Messies

---------------------------

Contents of New Ideas for Today 

  1. Message of the Day
  2. Did you know?
  3. Habit of the Day
  4. Family Reminder of the Day
  5. Quote of the Day
  6. Question of the Day
  7. From the Trenches
  8. More Info
----------------------------------
We are doing well in our part of Florida after Hurricane Hermine. 
We pray that you are well, too. 
----------------------------------

1. Message of the Day

WHATEVER! NOT!

While surfing the channels, I stumbled across one of the expose type shows where guests confess all to the whole television world. These folks were confessing that they were very messy and didn't care. When confronted about his messiness (which was considerable), one guest kept saying with a defiant wave of his hand, "Whatever!"

Messies who sign up in the Messies Anonymous groups don't share the I-don't-care attitude of these guests. If we didn't care we would not sign on or be trying so hard. However, from time to time, I have to struggle not to give in to the "whatever" way of thinking. Frustration and discouragement tend to erode my dream, my goal, and I am tempted to lower my standard. It is the worst hindrance to success there is.

There is a wonderful way of life waiting for me out there and I am not going to give it up because the truth is I care very much. I can allow no destructive "whatever" attitude into my life.
--------------------------------------

2. Did You Know?


The K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) Flipper has fresh
ideas on how to move through your home, day by day,
room by room, with simple choices for maintenance and
organizing. It will gently guide you through the process
of creating clear and shining surfaces throughout out your
home!

With the New K.I.S.S. Flipper all you have to do to is 
FLIP through the spiral-bound, sequentially numbered 
full-color job idea cards. No more sliding cards into sleeves;
the New K.I.S.S. Flipper is ready to use out of the package.
When you are ready to begin, make a few simple choices 
each day from one card and you will be on your way to a 
clutter-free and well maintained home.

Free BONUS:  Once you order, you will also receive the
"K.I.S.S. eBooklet" via email to learn the "Hows and Whys"
of the system while you wait for your Flipper, so you will be
ready to start the day your Filpper arrives.

$26.95 Introductory Price $20.00 with Free US Postage
at this time


-----------------------------------------

3. Habit of the Day

FOLLOW THE RULE OF TEN (GIVE-AWAY THINGS)


Gather ten things to give away. Scoot them out of the house(preferably to the nearest charity) ASAP. If you can't get them to the charity today, put them in the car to be dropped off next trip or store them in the garage to be picked up by the charity.
--------------------------------------

4. Family Reminder of the Day

In our family, we put dirty clothes into the hamper as soon 
as we take them off.

In our family, we make our beds before we leave our room in the morning.
--------------------------------------

5. Quote of the Day

Image result for obstacle course


Life is one long obstacle course and I am often the chief obstacle. 

--------------------------------------

6. Question of The Day

Has any quotation or statement either by The Organizer Lady 
or any one of the writers in the group made a significant change in your life?

Tell us by posting on Friends of The Organizer Lady.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
--------------------------------------

7. From the Trenches

DREAMS (Long but good)

I know now that clutter is my friend, in that it serves as a 
thermometer in my life of how depressed I am. A thermometer like little else in life can be. A thermometer in which, at any moment, I can look outside of me and see something that has been invisible to me. For I know now that for happiness, 
I have to be able to leap and jump around in my abode and express boundless joy on clear rug, in clear rooms that free my psyche/spirit and body.

Now, looking at my now-clean life, I know can get a hold 
of an example of what has been wrong. I told my friends that I used to be really good a playing a musical instrument, and haven't played for 20 years because there hasn't been any physical space or time or energy for it.

Seeing this empty space in my rooms now, I can now imagine 
 me owning and playing this instrument again. And, seeing the now empty space in my psyche, I am reconnecting with my passion for it and possibly other things.

And I am remembering a memory. When I was a child I 
got passionate about this instrument and announced to my family that I had a brilliant idea, that really energized me: that I wanted to practice diligently with the end goal 
of recording an album of my playing of this instrument, a shining beacon to work towards over many months.

They saw me as an amateur and expressed their disbelief 
and their opinion that the idea was preposterous and a waste of time. At that moment, my dream got lost. And I interpreted the moment as thinking that I needed to always live a "normal" life, like a robot, and not have any "outrageous" (meaning "alive") dreams. And that's when my clutter started. Covering up my soul.

How many dreams have gotten lost through my interpretation 
of life events and unmet emotional needs? How much clutter has covered up the pain and the awareness of those lost dreams?? How much clutter kept relationships away? Because robots don't have much to say to anyone. And how much 
cluttered covered the pain of loneliness??

Maybe my clutter served another purpose for me. Maybe it hid 
the real, alive, not-yet-strong me underneath all the clutter, and away from the world, so the real me could grow strong on its own without hindrance. Strong enough to not need the clutter anymore. Strong enough to face it. Strong enough to face me.

Maybe these now empty spaces in my home will help me 
remember me. Maybe the new clarity in my abode can create new shining beacons to towards those lost dreams.

So welcome me. Its a new day. A new life with new spaces 
in it. I feel like a pioneer traveling over new territory. An astronaut. Someone who is alive.

So now please come by and knock on my door. You are now 
welcome anytime. Come by to see my newly cleared abode. Come by to see the alive me who now has something to say you. And come by to see my newly-manifesting dreams.

Rozwin
-------------------------------------

8. More Info


This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important.
Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites.
Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today.


Don't forget the daily reminders!!!
Click here to print a copy of the daily Reminders and How-To's 
------------------------------------------

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN


Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

84 © Sandra Felton 2010



THE ORGANIZER LADY® is a trademark of Sandra Felton, founder of Messies Anonymous.

No comments: