Sunday, December 18, 2016

GOALS and ONION LAYERS

Each time you leave the car, check to see if there's 
something in it that needs to be brought into the house.

Sandra Felton, THE ORGANIZER LADY® 

-----------------------------
We are vacation - sorry for the spotty postings.
----------------------------- Contents of New Ideas for Today
  1. Message of the Day - GOALS
  2. Did You Know?
  3. Habit of the Day
  4. Family Reminder of the Day
  5. Quote of the Day
  6. Question of the Day
  7. From the Trenches - Layers of the Onion
  8. More Info
-----------------------------

1. Message of the Day

GOALS

Often getting the house organized is a part of a larger effort to improve life in general. Sometimes it includes improving health, organizing in other ways like getting finances in order, upgrading the condition of the house, evaluating one's spiritual habits, setting time priorities, strengthening relationships and the like.

You have only one life to live. Live it with as much dignity, gusto, and purpose as possible.

Start thinking now. List the areas of your life on which you wish to concentrate. Then begin listing ways you can bring those areas into harmony with your goals for your life. Keep the running list where you can see it often and add to it as you need to. You will see wonderful changes begin to happen almost automatically.
------------------------------

2. Did You Know?

I've Got to Get Rid of This Stuff!


If “I want to get rid of it but I just can’t” sounds like you and if you are ready to change, this ebooklet is for you.

This is a self-help program designed to make a significant difference in three weeks time.

Click here to go to our webpage where you can purchase for $5.00. The ebooklet will be sent to you via email.
--------------------------------------------------


NEW and IMPROVED K.I.S.S. Flipper is available!

The K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) Flipper has fresh ideas on how to move through your home, day by day, room by room, with simple choices for maintenance and organizing. It will gently guide you through the process of creating clear and shining surfaces throughout out your home!

With the New K.I.S.S. Flipper all you have to do to is FLIP through the spiral-bound, sequentially numbered full-color job idea cards. No more sliding cards into sleeves; the New K.I.S.S. Flipper is ready to use out of the package. When you are ready to begin, make a few simple choices each day from one card and you will be on your way to a clutter-free and well maintained home.

Free BONUS:  Once you order, you will also receive the "K.I.S.S. eBooklet" via email to learn the "Hows and Whys" of the system while you wait for your Flipper, so you will be ready to start the day your Filpper arrives.

$26.95 Introductory Price $20.00 with Free US Postage at this time


Go to the link below to order your New K.I.S.S. Flipper:
http://messies.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25
------------------------------

3. Habit of the Day
Image result for mail
Commit for just this one day. 

Handle your mail today and every day. 
For most Messies build-up of mail and other papers is the single worst clutter problem.
-----------------------------

4. Family Reminder of the Day

Pick one of these reminders or make one of your own to share with your family each day.

In our family, we put things back where we got them right away.

In our family, we make our beds before we leave our room in the morning.
-----------------------------

5. Quote of the Day

We cannot direct the winds---but we can adjust the sails.


Author unknown

We can not control some things but we can control our reactions as we make the changes we need to make in order to reach our goal.
-----------------------------

6. Question of the Day

Name four or five things you, and only you, are able to do around the house.

Name four or five things you are doing now which are inappropriate for you because others can take them over with training. Who will you begin to train, and when?

Tell us by posting on Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
-----------------------------

7. From the Trenches

Layers of the Onion

Watching the movie "Shrek" gave me the most useful perspective in my path toward conquering my clutter and habits. I call it "layers of the onion..."

Shrek compares ogres to onions -- they have layers that peel away, until you get to the core. If I just can't bear to part with something on the first pass, I forgive myself, and sometimes store it -- remembering that it is a layer I might shed sometime in the future.  As I gain clearer spaces in which I can work so much better, I want more of them, making it easier to let go of things.

When I get emotional about de-cluttering and giving things away, I remind myself that this is a process... and while I would like to do as much as I can in one pass, the reality is that we must be vigilant and continue to do some of this over and over again -- sometimes seasonally, or more often.

Also -- as a person who enjoys cooking, I am reminded that old and rotting onions are stinky! I keep the onion fresh and small, making it useful and fun to work with, by not adding new layers: I am avoiding thrift stores, garages sales, even stores in general. What do I really need, why do I want certain things, and will I take care of it/them? Do I have a place for them -- which will be used, loved, make life easier -- and what is just another layer to fill up some old idea that is no longer part of the onion as it is right now? I am realizing that hanging on to old layers is often a trap and NOT useful or good! Getting rid of old layers is getting easier and easier.

Acknowledging the layers and the continual process makes me more aware of having a fresh and vibrant life -- I am not as overwhelmed, and I can forgive myself if I can't do it all in one shot. It has really helped.

Thanks to Julie!
-----------------------------------------------

8. More Info

This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important. Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites. Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today, then delete it if it arrived in your inbox.

Don't forget the daily reminders!!! Do you have a copy posted somewhere?
Click here to print a copy of the daily Reminders and How-To's 
------------------------------------------

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN

Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

37 © 2010 Sandra Felton


THE ORGANIZER LADY® is a registered trademark of
Sandra Felton, founder of Messies Anonymous.

No comments: