Wednesday, August 17, 2016

THIS IS HARD and FREEDOM

Read your favorite part if not all. 
Weave these ideas deep into your life by repetition.

Image result for weaving on a loom

Contents of New Ideas for Today
  1. Message of the Day - HARD
  2. More Help Here!
  3. Habit of the Day
  4. Family Reminder of the Day
  5. Quote of the Day
  6. Question of The Day
  7. From the Trenches - FREEDOM
----------------------------------

1. Message of the Day

THIS IS HARD

"I don't think a lot of people realize how serious this is or how hard it is to change," she said to me. "For me, it is as hard as getting rid of an alcohol
or drug problem is for other people. Making these changes is not fun. "I don't think I could do it without spiritual help. Every day I ask God for strength and do reading to keep up that spiritual connection. I just wish others who struggle with this problem would realize how big the problem is that they are dealing with."

My friend was right. The problem is not the house.

Our focus is not on household tips, schedules, or any other thing that is house-centered. My friend knew where the real issue lay. She was centering on her own need for change because as she changes, slowly but surely the house will follow.

One of our slogans is,  "You alone can do it, but you can't do it alone."

Another one of the Messies Anonymous slogans, taken from the A.A. tradition, is "Let Go and Let God." How to do this is a big topic, but my friend was right. 
Something is lacking by trying to do it all on our own.
--------------------------------------

2. Did You Know? 

NEW and IMPROVED K.I.S.S. Flipper is available!
Have you ordered yours?

The K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) Flipper has fresh 
ideas on how to move through your home, day by day,
room by room, with simple choices for maintenance and
organizing. It will gently guide you through the process
of creating clear and shining surfaces throughout out your
home!

With the New K.I.S.S. Flipper all you have to do to is 
FLIP through the spiral-bound, sequentially numbered 
full-color job idea cards. No more sliding cards into sleeves;
the New K.I.S.S. Flipper is ready to use out of the package.
When you are ready to begin, make a few simple choices 
each day from one card and you will be on your way to a 
clutter-free and well maintained home.

Free BONUS:  Once you order, you will also receive the
"K.I.S.S. eBooklet" via email to learn the "Hows and Whys"
of the system while you wait for your Flipper, so you will be
ready to start the day your Filpper arrives.

$26.95 Introductory Price $20.00 with Free US Postage
at this time



--------------------------------------

3. Habit of the Day

Be bold and decisive!


Walk to the trash can with the mail and discard when you first bring it in the house.

Don't Wait until Later!
--------------------------------------

4. Family Reminder of the Day

In our family, we change our bed sheets every two weeks.

In our family, we strive to complete projects and clean up expeditiously.
--------------------------------------

5. Quote of the Day

"And then, Logan said something that changed my entire life, which certainly bears repeating:
`Whether or not you get what you're looking for depends on one thing and one thing only,' he said. `It depends on your willingness to do something different.'"

"Two feelings ... are the universal enemies of humankind: fear and self-doubt."

From It's Not about the Horse by Wyatt Webb

Are you willing to overcome fear and self-doubt and do something different?
-------------------------------------

6. Question of The Day

How do you use the daily quotations given each day in this posting?
Do you ever post the quotations on the wall or write them in a book to refer to later? What else do you do with them?

Tell us by posting on Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
-----------------------------

7. From the Trenches

FREEDOM

I have posted very little since I've joined (because of illness) but I have very much enjoyed the posts, advice, suggestions, ideas, etc. Since I've been having some successes lately, I thought I'd share. I'm tickled pink with the improvements!

I've been chronically ill for 20+ years and the house has suffered because of it. Within the last 2 years, I have been diligently working on my health and energy
has (s-l-o-w-l-y) been returning; I have been applying that *extra* energy to decluttering and being more consistent with routines, preventing messes and piles, etc.

The neatest thing has been to be able to maintain a clean area once I spent a few hours on it. The kitchen is clean, dishes are washed shortly after meals, laundry is washed in a timely fashion, the stairway to the 2nd floor is cleared of "stuff", the sofa can be used for sitting (not piles), horizontal areas are free to gather dust(not piles) if I choose to let them (!!) and etc. Maintaining takes only a FRACTION of the time compared with decluttering and deep-cleaning (not the dirt kind, the "stuff" kind).

This is wonderful motivation for me; it speaks loudly to me that I am not #1 a slob, #2 lazy or #3 worthless (all things my parents told me repeatedly in the past). It is so freeing that I have no desire to gloat about it or show it off; I am just enjoying the freedom immensely!

Thanks to Jennifer for sharing.
---------------------------------

8. More Info

This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important.
Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites.
Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today, then delete it.

Don't forget the daily reminders!!!
Click here to print a copy of the daily Reminders and How-To's 
--------------------------------

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN

Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

78 © Sandra Felton 2010


THE ORGANIZER LADY® is a trademark of Sandra Felton, founder of Messies Anonymous.

No comments: