Friday, June 8, 2018

FOUR WISE SECRETS and ENTERTAINING

Done is Better Than Perfect!

Sandra Felton, THE ORGANIZER LADY® 
--------------------------------
Contents of New Ideas for Today
1. Message of the Day - SECRETS
2. Did You Know?
3. Habit of the Day
4. Family Reminder of the Day
5. Quote of the Day
6. Question of the Day
7. From the Trenches - ENTERTAINING
8. More Info

-----------------------------------
**The Messies Anonymous website, www.messies.com, is back up!  Thank you for your patience.**

1. Message of the Day - FOUR WISE SECRETS

Lately I've been spending more time with my forever-neat ninety year old mother. She has just moved into a nursing home in order to be near me. I've had a chance to see in a new way what secrets have kept her easily neat and organized all of her life. Her hearing is very poor and her memory is fading but the characteristics of a lifetime which have given her a consistently lovely and organized home are still with her.

For instance, I used a sugar packet and put the empty envelope on a table. "Put that on the tray, honey," she said casually. Her first secret is: She keeps on top of things. Things are not put up later. They are kept up as she goes.

Her second secret is she is visually alert and sensitive. If anything is out of place as in trash, empty boxes, or clothes not hung up, she sets about to rectify the situation. She does not tolerate visual disorder well.

She is in a wheelchair so her ability to take care of things is limited. "Let me get someone in here to take care of that," she says when something needs to be thrown away. And she flags down an attendant to do it. Her third secret is that she knows what she wants and she does not hesitate to ask for help to get it.

Finally, she keeps only what she needs and will use. She lost an earring. "Get rid of the other one," she said. "Only keep what you can use."

If I have given you the impression that she is a detail person who is driving everybody crazy trying to keep her room neat, I have given you exactly the wrong impression. The funny thing is that she is so relaxed and casual about it that you hardly notice what she is doing. It is only because I have listened and watched carefully that I have noticed how she operates.

Her habits grow out out of her personal characteristics. For ninety years she has lived an effortlessly organized life because what she does works. Boy, do those secrets work!
--------------------------------------

2. Did You Know?

The NEW and IMPROVED K.I.S.S. Flipper

The  K.I.S.S.(Keep It Super Simple) Flipper has fresh ideas on how to move through your home, day by day, room by room, with simple choices for maintenance and organizing. It will  gently guide you through the process of creating clear and shining surfaces throughout out your home!

With the NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper all you have to do to is FLIP through the spiral-bound,  sequentially numbered, full-color job idea cards No more sliding cards into sleeves; the NEW K.I.S.S.
Flipper is ready to use out of the package.  When you are ready to begin, make a few simple choices each day from one card and you will be on your way to a clutter-free and well maintained home.

Free BONUS:  Once you order, you will also receive the "K.I.S.S. e-Booklet" via email to learn the "Hows and Whys" of the system while you wait for your K.I.S.S. Flipper, so you will be ready to start the day your K.I.S.S. Flipper arrives.

Introductory price $26.00 US postage included

Go to the link below to order you NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper today.


image

One of a kind design for home maintenance, The Super Flipper by Sand...

Preview by Yahoo

-------------------------------------

If “I want to get rid of it but I just can’t” sounds like you and if you are ready to change, this e-booklet is for you. This is a self-help program designed to make a significant difference in three weeks’ time.

Click here to go to our webpage where you can purchase 
for $5.00. The e-booklet will be sent to you via email.

-------------------------------------------
3. Habit of the Day

FOLLOW THE RULE OF TEN (AMBIVALENCE BOX THINGS)

Gather ten things you know you should get rid of but don't want to. Put them in an Ambivalence box which you store out of the way. Put a date on the box when you will move it out of the house. You may retrieve an item you must up until that day. On that date, however, the box is forever sealed to you and the box of things is given away.
--------------------------------------

4. Family Reminder of the Day

In our family, we put up toys, games, tools, and stuff we are using immediately.

In our family, we don't leave things out just because we plan to get back to the project later.
--------------------------------------

5. Quote of the Day

Cathy in Cathy comic strip

"I want more out of life, but I want less in it."

Getting more out of life often involves
having less in our lives. Ummmmm
--------------------------------------

6. Question of the Day

Is there anything, habit, or idea that you are totally unwilling to give up at this time? You want to change badly. But not at the expense of this one thing. If there were such a thing in your life, what would it be? Identifying it clearly is important for improvement.

Tell us by posting on Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
--------------------------------------

7. From the Trenches - ENTERTAINING

I finally did it today. For the first time in over a year, I had a friend over for coffee. My house is not anywhere near perfect, but the kitchen was clean (and so was the coffee pot!), and the dining room table was cleared and the bathroom wasn't gross. Fortunately my friend can be a clutterbug herself, so she didn't mind the laundry hampers and magazine piles in the living room.

I have found that my messy lifestyle has definitely held my social life back. I would love to invite people over for dinner, but I am too embarrassed to do so. When I was growing up, I had to give my OCD cleanie dad (whom I love dearly) at least one week's notice just to have a friend over to watch a movie, because the house had to be perfect before anyone could come into the house. I finally gave up because I could never meet his expectations. He has only been in my house twice since we moved into it, even though we live only about ten minutes away. I am now trying to come to some place in the middle. I think about the opportunities I have lost, and I don't want to put my life off any longer because of my pack-rat disorganization.
------------------------------------

8. More Info

This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important.
Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites. Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today, then delete it.
-------------------------------------

9. Extra Help

Does your clutter secret keep you isolated?
Mary said, “I was so cluttered before I took this class and I can’t believe the progress I am making!  My clutter is almost gone!


Don't forget the daily reminders!!!
The daily Reminders and How-To's are found on our website at "How to Begin" http://www.messies.com
------------------------------------------

Reminder: You can edit your membership at Yahoo Groups home page https://groups.yahoo.com/neo
or to unsubscribe, click on the word "unsubscribe" at the very bottom of this post if it arrived in your email inbox
----------------------------------------------

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN

Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

69 © Sandra Felton 2010

THE ORGANIZER LADY® is a trademark of Sandra Felton,
founder of Messies Anonymous.

No comments: