Monday, May 7, 2018


VOWS and A VISITOR

Read a little or a lot -- but read some each day.

Contents of New Ideas for Today
1. Message of the Day - VOWS
2. Habit of the Day
3. Family Reminder of the Day
4. Quote of the Day
5. Question of the Day
6. From the Trenches - A VISITOR
7. More Info
-----------------------------

1. Message of the Day - VOWS

Overcome procrastination by making a vow with a negative consequence if you don't do it. Make a vow to yourself, another person, or post to members of Friends-of-the-Organizer-Lady for one specific thing, one thing only, you have been procrastinating about. Include a consequence and a time schedule. Sample: I will deal with one pile of papers (designate the pile) by such and such a date and, if I fail to do this, I will give five dollars to somebody today. Sometimes you can say: I will not eat a meal until I pay the overdue water bill. This is not the only way of attacking procrastination but it is a powerful one. If you have something you really must do, but you haven't, try this method.
-----------------------------

2. Habit of the Day

Commit for just this one day.

Handle your mail today and every day. The buildup of mail and other papers is the single worst clutter problem.

Clutter is the result of postponed decisions. Walk to the trash can with the mail and discard when you first bring it in the house.
-----------------------------

3. Family Reminder of the Day

Pick one of these reminders or make one of your own to share with your family each day.

In our family, the person who uses the last sheet of toilet paper puts a new roll on the roller.

In our family, we write what we need on the white board.

In our family, we move the garbage cans out of sight after they are emptied at the curb.
-----------------------------

4. Quote of the Day

When you start daydreaming in detail, it becomes planning.
----------------------------
5. Question of the Day

Break out of the envelope of thinking. Do not try to do it so much on your own. Are you overlooking sources of outside help? The question of the day is, Who MIGHT you consider to get to help who you have not asked before? It may be family, friends, or someone you hire.

Tell us by posting on Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
-----------------------------

6. From the Trenches

A VISITOR

Subject: Neighbor came over

WELL!! I can't believe what happened today!!

One of my neighbors came over, one I hadn't met before. Knocked on the door, I answered it,

"Hi? How are you? Nice to meet you ... yadda yadda yadda" for like 15 minutes and I DIDN'T ASK HER IN TO MY CLEAN LIVING ROOM!!!!!

Tell me what I was thinking! I don't get it, why didn't I do it? I briefly thought of it, and maybe my brain shut down that thought out of habit?? AARGHHHHH!!! She could already see the couple of things out of place in the dining area – in fact, by keeping her at the door she really got to study it! It would have been LESS embarrassing by a slight degree to get her in and facing the beeeaaaauuuutious part of the room!!

I can't believe I didn't invite her in. Once I get my laundry finished tomorrow (tends to pile up on the couch in the family room off the kitchen :S ) I am half tempted to go get her and drag her in! She would probably be confused by that, huh?!

Hmmm, maybe I am just lacking in the social graces by that much. They haven't been tested much in this area!!

I am not beating myself up about it. I am just trying to make some sense of it so it doesn't happen again. After all, being comfortable inviting drop-ins in is one of my TOP motivating factors for all this work and Auseinandersetzung I have been putting myself through!
-----------------------------

7. More Info

This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important.
Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites.
Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today, then delete it.

Don't forget the daily reminders!!!
The daily Reminders and How-To's are found on our website at
"How to Begin" http://www.messies.com
------------------------------------------
8. Extra Help
Are you still interested in getting organized?
Did you know that there is a hands-on program to help people just like you get more organized?
It’s conducted virtually by teleconference and gets you to make progress every single session.
------------------------------------------------

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN

Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

35 © Sandra Felton 2010

THE ORGANIZER LADY® is a registered trademark of
Sandra Felton, founder of Messies Anonymous.

No comments: