Tuesday, April 10, 2018

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and DAILY RESOLUTIONS

More from Beatitudes for Messies

Blessed is the Messie who finds the courage to begin again when the house has slipped out of control and vision grows dim.

by Sandra Felton, THE ORGANIZER LADY®
----------------------------------------

Contents of New Ideas for Today

1. Message of the Day - TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
2. Sharing Our Successes
3. Habit of the Day
4. Family Reminder of the Day
5. Quote of the Day
6. Question of The Day
7. From the Trenches - DAILY RESOLUTIONS
8. More Help
-----------------------------------

1. Message of the Day -TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF

People who lack energy can't rise to the challenge of cleaning up clutter. They just can't work up the desire to "get to it." So day after day they berate themselves for being lazy or not caring and watch the house become more cluttered. After a while it becomes so chronic that it seems natural.

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all" said Vince Lombardi.

If you feel too lethargic to make progress in organizing, you need to try to address the reason for the problem and solve it.

It could be depression, one leading cause of fatigue. If it does not go away within a reasonable time with whatever efforts you give it, seek professional help. It is a serious medical as well as a lifestyle problem and needs attention.

Other things that others have found helpful are protein bars, thyroid medicine, iron supplements, bee pollen, and vitamin B supplements.

Sometimes a lifestyle change or counseling helps. Maybe you need time management that helps you get more sleep.

Maybe it is a combination of several of these.
Frequently there is no silver bullet. Fatigue is not natural. Do whatever you need to do to diagnose the cause and find the energy to live the life you seek.
------------------------------------

2. Sharing Our Successes

Words of Wisdom from an Improving Messie

A sign of how far I've come is that I still feel that the house is messy, esp. if I've let it go
for a few days. But it's still far cleaner than it had been. It's that my standards have changed.
----------------------------------

3. Habit of the Day

EMPTY THE DISHWASHER as soon as possible after it is finished washing. A full dishwasher causes the sink to gather dishes.
Yuck! Yuck!! Bad habit!
-----------------------------------

4. Family Reminder of the Day

Pick one of these reminders or make one of your own to share with your family each day.

In our family, we take responsibility for completing the chores assigned to us.

In our family, we don't complain about our responsibilities.
-----------------------------------

5. Quote of the Day

"Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."

Doris Mortman

You don't have to solve psychological problems in order to change your life for the better. Often, however, internal changes are a part of external changes.
-----------------------------------

The NEW and IMPROVED K.I.S.S. (KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE) Flipper is available!

The  K.I.S.S. Flipper has fresh ideas on how to move through your home, day by day, room by room, with simple choices for maintenance and organizing. It will gently guide you through the process of creating clear and shining surfaces throughout out your home!

With the NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper all you have to do to is FLIP through the spiral-bound, sequentially numbered, full-color job idea cards.  No more sliding cards into sleeves; the NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper is ready to use out of the package.  When you are ready to begin, make a few simple choices each day from one card and you will be on your way to a clutter-free and well maintained home.

Free BONUS:  Once you order, you will also receive the "K.I.S.S. e-Booklet via email to learn the "Hows and Whys" of the system while you wait for your Flipper, so you will be ready to start the day your Flipper arrives.

Introductory price $20.00 US postage included
Available now!

Go to the link below to order you NEW K.I.S.S. Flipper today.

----------------------------------


If “I want to get rid of it but I just can’t” sounds like you and if you are ready to change, this e-booklet is for you.

This is a self-help program designed to make a significant difference in three weeks’ time.

Click here to go to our webpage where you can purchase for $5.00. The e-booklet will be sent to you via email.
----------------------------------------

6. Question of the Day

What five minute job(s) will you do? Name them clearly. When you name them, your resolve becomes stronger. (Set a kitchen timer for the five minutes.)

Tell us by posting on Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friends-of-The-Organizer-Lady
-----------------------------------

7. From the Trenches - DAILY RESOLUTIONS

When I started thinking about New Year's Resolutions this year, I realized that every day of my life as a recovering Messie is like a new resolution. Each day when I wake up, I have to decide to continue on my path toward organization. Even if I faltered the day before, I have to pick myself up and keep moving forward. Some days the dishes get piled up along the counter like they used to and I have to force myself to not get discouraged. I put on a timer for 15 minutes and focus on the dishes until they are finished. Other days, when I start to feel dread over the baskets of clothes that need to be folded, I remind myself that each basket only takes about 10 minutes to fold and put away, and I get it done.

I joined the online world of Messies Anonymous about a year ago and my life has been steadily improving since then. The books and daily e-mails have really helped me along the way. Whenever I start to go back to my old habits, I have reminders to encourage me. There was a time when my house was so disgusting that I could not have unexpected visitors over. If someone called and said they were coming, I would have to do a mad dash through the house. Bathrooms did not get cleaned regularly (yuck!) and I didn't have any type of schedule for overall cleaning. Now, each week the house gets vacuumed, the kitchen floor gets mopped, and all 3 bathrooms get cleaned. Believe me, this is a big improvement. On top of that, the dishes and laundry get done daily (although I still really struggle with laundry) and I try to put things back in their place as I go. The point I'm trying to make is that change is possible if you continue to make the decision to do so.

God Bless all the other Messies out there! Let's keep making those daily resolutions to be organized!

Sincerely, Kelly

Thank you Kelly for sending your success story!
Link to all online Messies groups
http://messies.com/index.php/groups
------------------------------------------

8. More Information

This is a simple program. We stick with the basics as they are presented in these messages. Keep reading. Keep adding one part of the program at a time.

Repetition is important.
Forward to friends if desired but not to other sites.
Read this whole posting or only what you can take in today, then delete it.

Don't forget the daily reminders!!!
The daily Reminders and How-To's are found on our website at
"How to Begin" http://www.messies.com
------------------------------------------

9. Extra Help

Are you tired of the never-ending clutter?
The Organizing Mastery program has helped many people get rid of clutter for good.
It is done through a weekly virtual program that’s hands-on and gets results.
---------------------------------------------

MESSIES ANONYMOUS SLOGAN

Please memorize this slogan and post it on your wall.

The secret to success is making very small, yet very consistent, changes.

Or to make it short; Baby steps, baby steps in the right direction.

Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness.
Anonymous

8 © 2010 Sandra Felton

THE ORGANIZER LADY® is a trademark of Sandra Felton,
founder of Messies Anonymous.

No comments: